06 February 2015

Simple Woman's Daybook

February 6, 2015
Outside my window...it is snowing. Again. This time, it's light and fluffy and rather pretty. 

I am thankful... for a quiet hour or two to gather some thoughts and visit this spot again. I've been gone for quite a while.  

In the kitchen...we are trying to eat more healthily. Some days we make more progress than others. Today was not so great (pretty sure Hardees' Frisco Burger doesn't qualify as particularly healthy), but thankfully tomorrow is a fresh start.

I am wearing...flannel. Flannel is perfect for winter.

I am creating...several messes. Hopefully they will resolve themselves into something beautifully productive before too long!

I am wondering...why it is so impossibly difficult to be consistent. Energy levels, moods, actions, all of it. Grrr. It's an exercise in futility sometimes. I can go with the flow most days, but sometimes it just gets to me.

I am reading...Beneath the Sands of Egypt by David Ryan. I just finished it. It was a bit rambling in parts, but overall a good read for someone interested in fairly recent happenings in Egyptology. I am going to start Any Approaching Enemy by David Worrall. Rather eclectic, but there it is.

I am hoping...to walk regularly on the treadmill and generally get my rear in gear. I need to quit hibernating. Spring will come to our neck of the woods. Eventually. I hope.

I am looking forward to...spring! This could have something to do with the inconsistency mentioned above, now that I am thinking about it.

I am learning...that some things can't be rushed. They must be learned slowly as they are experienced. Sometimes in layers. Rome wasn't built in a day, and neither are our lives.

Around the house...we have created a video of our borrowed pipsqueak lip-syncing "Let It Go." She's pretty cute, that littlest pipsqueak. And she has mad drama skills.

I am pondering...how little time I have before the pipsqueaks are launched. Time flies so quickly! I want to make the most of what time is left before they only visit this house. I am glad to see the young women they are becoming. I am also glad that I have enjoyed every stage so far, even this one. But time goes by a lot quicker than it seems to everyday during that last hour before supper.

A favorite quote for today..."Teach us to number our days, that we may gain a heart of wisdom." Ps. 90:12

One of my favorite things...is Eighties Alternative Radio. Oh yes. Love it!! (Don't tell the resident Dad. He's not a fan of anything but terrestrial radio.)

A few plans for the rest of the week: "Take chances, make mistakes, get messy!"

No photo this time. My camera is elsewhere and I am a complete technological slacker at this point in my life.


I am taking part in The Simple Woman's Daybook.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails